Sunday 18 April 2010

Orkney College




...where it all started! I did a foundation course in art, design and textiles, and then a portfolio preparation course here. Went in to say hello to my old tutors, Morag, Helga and Stuart, and to do a presentation to the current students and show them my portfolio.

While i was there Morag let me take some quick photos or the drawing objects they have there. Spent hours hunting the beach for this sort of stuff, but obviously the locals beat me to it! Hopefully can still get good drawings from photos. All these objects are old fishing things.

Had a nice chat with a young girl who has applied to Cardonald College (where i did my HND) and had a look through her portfolio. Was very impressed. She has the sort of quirky pieces and odd drawings in her portfolio that i didnt start to do till the end of my course at Cardonald, so im sure she will get a place!

No comments:

Post a Comment